User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active
 

Clifford House was also known as St James' Palace and was the main residence of James Taylor and his family until his passing.

The land on which Clifford House resides on was originally granted to William Horton in 1852.

Originally intended as a gentleman's club, construction was completed in the second part of the 1860s.

For the most part, significant renovations have been made internally over the years, though externally the building has remained largely untouched.

Current usage of the building is by the Queensland government

Listing on the Queensland Heritage Register took place on the 21st October 1992.

address: 120 Russell St, Toowoomba QLD 4350

decorative divider

cookie preferences
Toowoomba Weather
Weather Icon
Air Temperature: 12.2°C
Aust. BOM logo
[More]
Toowoomba Flag

Toowoomba Flag

Server Stats
OS
Linux v
PHP
7.2.20
MySQLi
5.6.44-cll-lve
Time
18:54
Caching
Enabled
Gzip
Enabled
Users
1
Articles
114
Articles View Hits
689446
toowoomba.org